Yoga/MELT® Method Instructor
I’m Raquel Otis, I help people living in chronic pain think outside the pillbox and implement a simple, powerful system to get real relief.
That way they can reclaim their life and feel good again.
If you want to stop being consumed by your pain, I will help you create a personal and comprehensive plan that saves you time and helps move you from pain to peace.
My Super Powers
- I love looking at problems and pain not as tormentors, but as mentors and as opportunities to learn, heal, increase activity, improve flexibility, build strength without causing setbacks or flare-ups.
- I help you rally the warrior within. I know every obstacle facing people living in pain, who want their life back because I’ve been there.
- Helping people turn wishes into reality. I’m really good at creating self-care programs to help you gain the confidence to improve your health, have more freedom and feel fantastic.
- Hearing your story without missing important pieces. My brain enjoys puzzles and spots pieces that might be missing, but more importantly, enjoys putting pieces of the puzzle together in a simplistic way to make it easy for you to be consistent
- Formulating a comprehensive, yet uncomplicated self-care blueprint that you can follow without a lot of time or difficulty.
- Sharing brain hacks which circumvent challenges with staying motivated when you embark on the important journey to better health & feeling good again.
- I was a pain patient for many years. I’m pain-free now. I love solving the pain puzzle to help you now and position you to have actionable, creative techniques to implement when life throws you a piece of kryptonite.
Pregnant and working full time as a technology analyst in the financial services industry was a perfect time for a yoga teacher training.
Living in chronic pain for years after an an ATV accident was an ideal time for a nerd like me to learn about the established and latest neurofascial science and the role fascia plays in performance, tension, stress, injury, and chronic pain.
Along the way I had success with my healing, then there were the triggers & setbacks. I learned some painful lessons, but I quickly realized there is more to healing than exercise and eating healthy.
I created a breakthrough method that brought me pain relief. I was hoping to manage my pain, but discovered how to become pain free.
My method is designed to help people manage or eliminate their pain.
I’ve learned how to question limiting beliefs held by the medical establishment and help empower people in pain.
LET ME GIVE YOU THE LESSONS FROM MY PERSONAL WARRIOR JOURNEY
If you think there is any hope of feeling good again...YOU ARE RIGHT
Your thoughts, your beliefs, your unique story and your perseverance make all the difference!
Perception is YOUR POWER
When you change what you focus on, what you focus on changes.
You need the right team...YOU ARE THE BOSS, THE HEAD COACH
When it comes to your health, and pain management, be selective and pick your players
Get off your BUTs, don’t say the “C” word, and focus on your WHY
Stop letting pain come up with excuses, “I”d love to but…”
Don’t say, “I can’t…”
And let your personal WHY fuel your desire to act and to create a better & healthier life
PACE-ing - Instead of consistent setbacks...consistently step up
Learn how to PLAN YOUR ACTIVITY CAREFULLY so you don’t hurt on your journey to heal. Faster isn’t always better.
There is more than one way - be open
My daughter’s dyslexia taught me that there is more than one way to learn how to read. And when it comes to your health and your healing there is more than one way to get healthier and to heal, simply be open to the possibilities.
Go out on a limb
...that’s where the fruit is! Invest in yourself and Improve how you feel before you are “READY!”
I’m here to help you get started on your journey from pain to peace.
A Little About Me...
I was born in Berkeley, California.
I was raised by my grandparents, aunts and uncles, who taught me how to speak Spanish, appreciate a homemade meal, volunteer in the community and value education. They instilled a strong work ethic in me as a young girl by taking me along to the orchards or the vineyards to help them pick walnuts, peaches, or grapes. (This skill came in handy when my friends and I explored the nearby cherry orchards.) My family rallied around my mom, who was widowed shortly after I was born. She taught me that the best way to eat an elephant is one small bite at a time.
Although I met the man of my dreams in high school, we didn’t date until we were both in college and didn’t get hitched until after we graduated. He’s my Farmboy, the architect, the tinkerer, the builder, the fisherman, and the love & best catch of my life!
My two Ts - my “Irish Twins,” (they are 13 months apart)... they are the reason I am so grateful to wake up in the morning and to be on this journey. They make my heart sing and grow more each and every day. They inspire me to breathe deeply. They remind me to love myself as much as I love them.